Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dream 041-043: A Dream Series Begins & A Movie I Never Want to See

041: I was talking to the girl across the street on my house phone. I could see in through the window in the front of her house. It was massive inside. Oak wood floors, panels, with a high vaulted ceiling. It was about 3-stories high. I remember her saying "Well should I go over to your house or do you want to come over to mine?"

That's when I walked into her garage. (Still on the cordless house phone.) A small guy was stacking blocks of wood there. I could look out of the garage and see the front of my house with the garage door open. I thought "This is like the second time I've talked to this girl, we should be getting close soon."

The other time I was thinking of was in a dream too. (Dream 014)

Note: This was "like the 2nd" dream I had about the house across the street. It was in fact the 2nd dream I recorded about being friends with them. It was around this time in real life that new neighbors moved into the house across the street. I had been friendly with the original people who lived there, but when I was a kid. Our relationship had faded out many years before they actually moved out.

The new reoccurring relationships/location became pivotal in my glimpses of repressed dream history.


042: I was at my Dad's old apartment. Waiting for him and Tracy (estranged stepmother) to show up. The front door opened slowly and my Dad walked in. After a beat my Mom walked in next. She fussed over what to wear while Tracy is here. Then ran off to the bathroom to change.

043: My third dream just came back to me! It was a movie preview. Robert De Nero is the only person I recall. He was talking to a woman on the phone. He was naked in bed on the phone masturbating. I thought "This is a pretty gross looking movie."

Note: This brings up a point that often occurs to me. Are we more likely to forget dreams we consider gross or annoying?

-January 9, 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment